Carbon Dioxide: a Ticking Time Bomb
Scientists have found that the surface temperature of the Earth was slowly growing. It is called global warming. Now we know that global warming is growing because of the
The effects of global warming can be traced on the whole planet. High temperatures, intense floods, cyclones and reducing yields are signs of global warming. Arctic and Antarctic first felt the negative effects of global warming. Any change in the environmental conditions in the Polar Regions would affect the conditions in other parts of the world. Water and soil are able to absorb more heat than ice or snow which can result in their heating.
Over the past few
Temperature increases can affect different processes on the earth. A lot of our land cultivation will turn into barren lands and some area will
You can order a similar but unique paper on "The change of corporate culture of SK Telecom” from our custom paper writing service and secure yourself a high grade. HandMadeWritings is the top spot to buy research paper, term paper, essay, or even dissertation.
The article published in the journal Proceedings of The National Academy of Sciences informs about the following: “Scientists proved that an increase atmospheric carbon dioxide concentration raises the temperature of the climate because of the greenhouse effect and the reduced ability of plants, also chill the air through evaporation from the surface of its leaves” (Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 2011).
The authors of this research are sure that the discovered phenomenon brings substantial amendments to the forecasts of global warming. They
The co-author Ken Caldeira (2010) of the publication of the Carnegie Institute in the United States asserts: “The mechanism of the influence of plants on the climate is very complicated. Plants take CO2 from the atmosphere, but at the same time, it controls the level of water evaporation from the land surface. Make detailed climate forecasts without a mutual account these factors is impossible” (p.135)
However, long time ago scientists noticed that a big quantity of CO2 in the air narrow pores of leaves in order to limit the amount of carbon dioxide that plants use for growth. “The Canadian Boreal Initiative/Pembina Institute report, "Counting Canada’s Natural Capital," indicates that Canada’s boreal forests store about 67 million
In his work, Caldeira tried to consider the direct influence of CO2 on plants and determine the climate impact with an increase atmospheric carbon dioxide concentration twice compared with the current value. Scientists discovered that this effect influences on 16% of the total global warming above land, while the remaining 84% are from the greenhouse effect. At the mean
“It shows that plants’ response to changes
Thus, carbon dioxide has a great impact on global warming. Big rain,
- Carbon Footprint of Nations – Carbon Footprint – Updated. (n.d.). Carbon Footprint of Nations. Retrieved January 22, 2014, from http://carbonfootprintofnations.com/2010/03/11/carbon-footprint-updated/ Cess, R. D., & Goldenberg, S. D. (1981). The Effect of Ocean Heat Capacity Upon Global Warming Due To Increasing Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide. Journal of Geophysical Research, 86(C1), 498-502.
- Inness, L. (2006, November 16). Forests play
vitalrole in climate change: [Final Edition]. The Ottawa Citizen. Retrieved January 23, 2014, fromhttp://search.proquest.com.ezproxy.library.yorku.ca/docview/241015311?accountid=15182
- Koven, C. D., Ringeval, B., Friedlingstein, P., Ciais, P., Cadule, P., Khvorostyanov, D., et al. (2011). Permafrost Carbon-climate Feedbacks Accelerate Global Warming. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 108(36), 14769-14774.
- You can order a similar paper from our custom essay writing service and secure yourself a high grade. HandMadeWritings is the top spot to buy a report, term paper, essay or even a dissertation.